Which application is right for me?
This option is for students who are considering a degree, but aren’t yet ready to commit to a program.
As a Test Drive student:
- You will receive 50% off tuition of one or two classes in your first semester.
- You will not receive academic advising or a transfer credit evaluation.
- Choose from a predetermined selection of entry-level courses.
- You agree to pay tuition by the first day of class. No payment plans or financial aid are available.
- You will be able to register for more courses once we receive your Test Drive final course grades at the end of the semester.
- You will be accepted provisionally. If you decide to continue at Oglethorpe after your Test Drive courses, you’ll need to complete a full degree-seeking application and provide official transcripts from all colleges you have attended. This change must happen at the beginning of a new semester.
Apply for admission to test drive Oglethorpe
This option is for students age 22+ who want to earn the Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies through our adult degree program.
- Deeply discounted tuition includes a built-in scholarship for all adult students, both full-time and part-time (see current rates)
- Federal and state financial aid are available for full-time (12 cr./term) enrolled students
- Academic advising to help you find the classes you need to finish your degree
- Payment plans available
- Free online application requires:
- All transcripts from previous institutions, even if withdrawn
- Personal Statement
- Optional recommendations
Apply for admission as a degree-seeking adult student
This option is usually for traditional-age undergraduate students, but does not exclude adult students who wish to pursue our other degree programs
- Degrees require a minimum 128 credit hours
- The Oglethorpe Core Curriculum is required
- Full-time students pay tuition by the semester (good for 12-19 credits per semester, summer not included)
- Part-time students (fewer than 12 credit hours) pay the full tuition price– no discounts, aid or scholarships available.
- Payment plans are available
- Summer courses are charged at the normal summer rate. Financial aid availability varies.
Learn more about the traditional undergraduate application process
Any refunds of tuition paid, regardless of application type, are subject to the policies outlined in the Oglethorpe University Bulletin.